Getting a divorce isn’t as simple as two people saying “our marriage is over”. There are multiple layers to a divorce, many of which most people don’t consider or understand.
So, what do you need to know as you plan to end your marriage?
- Locate your assets and what will be divided.
- Get all of your financial documents in order.
- Find the deed to your home.
- Create a list of all shared debt and credit cards.
- Determine your custody goals.
- Be prepared for things to take time, divorce proceedings could take months depending on the situation.
While this all may seem overwhelming, that is what we are here for. We will help you navigate everything you need to make the divorce process as smooth as possible.
Contact us with questions or comments today.
By Gayle R. Rosenblum